Resources to Address Discrimination for Health Care Professionals
Discrimination at Work
- Learn about rights on the job and find resources to help.
- Diabetes Discrimination Checklist: to help identify discrimination situations in the work setting.
- American Diabetes Association Employment Position Statement
- Fact Sheet: Diabetes and Reasonable Accommodations
- Sample letter from health care professional supporting request for accommodations
Discrimination at School
- Find comprehensive resources, information about legal protections, and written care plans.
- Article: Stopping Diabetes through Advocacy: The Role of Health Care Professionals
- Free Webinar: Safe at School: Back to School
- Position Statements & Resources for Care at School
- Written Care Plans (managing diabetes at school)
Public Accommodations & Government Programs
- Air Travel & Diabetes
- Fact Sheet: Diabetes, Discrimination, and Public Places and Government Programs
- Diabetes and Law Enforcement
Misc Resources for Health Care Professionals
- Webinar: Legal Advocacy 101 for Health Care Professionals
- Health Care Professional Legal Advocacy Network: Member Profiles
- Webinar: Know Your Rights for College Students
- Driving and Diabetes