Join the Health Care Professionals Legal Advocacy Network
Since the mid-1990s, the association has brought together lay advocates, lawyers, and health care professionals to fight discrimination ranging from students who are not medically safe at school to workers denied jobs to inmates who don't have even basic diabetes care.
We need your help to end discrimination against people with diabetes. Help us educate others about this disease—diabetes, negotiate appropriate diabetes care and accommodations, litigate to protect the rights of people with diabetes, and legislate to ensure that people with diabetes are protected from discrimination.
Read about some of our health care volunteers and how they are helping to end discrimination.
- Dan Lorber, MD, FACP, CDE
- James R. Gavin III, MD, PhD
- Francisco Prieto, MD
- Amanda Vasquez, LCSW
- Pamela Jameson, MSN
Meet more members of the network:
- Michelle Foster, CDE/MSN, Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Gina Gavlak, CDE/RN, Lakewood, Ohio
- Kitty Koffer, CDE/PharmD, Malvern, Pennsylvania
- Maudene Nelson, CDE/RD, Yonkers, New York