Grassroots advocacy is for adults and children living with the diabetes, family members, health care professionals, researchers and everyone who sees this epidemic unfolding and wants to take action.
We need your voice to bend the curve on this disease and help families thrive.
- Join us by becoming an advocate. You’ll get breaking updates about key legislation and opportunities to engage.
- Watch videos and learn more in our Advocacy Library, or training webinars.
- Access resources to help recruit new advocates.
Diabetes advocacy priorities
- Increase funding for diabetes research and programs
- Ensure insulin is affordable for everyone whose life depends on it
- Prevent diabetes
- Champion affordable and accessible health care
- Eliminate discrimination against people with diabetes
- Promote health equity
Your voice is the power behind our advocacy! Help us empower others to have a voice in this fight. Recruit your friends, neighbors and family!
- Ask your networks to become advocates at diabetes.org/advocatesignup.
- Petition Form: Federal Funding—Urge Congress to expand funding for diabetes research and prevention programs.
- Petition Form: Insulin Affordability—Insulin is the difference between life and death for those who need it, but costs have TRIPLED in recent years. It’s time for change.
Learn and get resources
Check out our diabetes advocacy webinars—Tools, tips and best practices to maximize your advocacy impact.
Watch videos and resources in our Advocacy Library, from insulin affordability to research and programs and meet other advocates.
Engage your members of Congress:
- Call to Congress: Every spring, the American Diabetes Association’s Call to Congress brings together hundreds of Diabetes Advocates to Capitol Hill. Applications open in the fall.
- Congress at Home: When members of Congress aren't in Washington, D.C., they want to meet with constituents. Get involved and find resources to meet with your lawmakers in your community.
Our Advocates in Action menu gives a wide range of opportunities to support diabetes priorities, month-by-month.
The American Diabetes Association's Diabetes Advocacy Leadership Program (ALP) is an exciting and intensive 10-month knowledge and skill building program designed to cultivate a new tier of Diabetes Advocacy Leaders within our broad network of Diabetes Advocates. Participation in the program will prepare you to be an effective advocacy leader in your community. Contact email@example.com for more information.